Sunday, April 5, 2020

Cassville

I  had posted briefly about the founding of Cassville by my 4th great grandfather, Abraham Cass, and two of his brothers, Theophilus and Simon which helped establish Cassville in Stanstead county, Quebec Province, Canada.   They were known as "The Nine Partners".

A memorial had been constructed a few years ago with audio narrating the history of Cassville.

Audio Keypad

Cass artwork

If you have the opportunity to visit, the audio is about 7 minutes long and tells the story of settling and living in the area.

Cassville memorial location

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across your blog while researching the Cass Family. I am a descendent of John Casse/Cass, Capt. Joseph, Jonathan, Joseph, then Major John, his son John H. (I will add in that his other son (John H's brother), named Lewis was a Secretary of State and Secretary of War as well as a Cabinet Member under Presidents Andrew Jackson and James Buchanan - and he also ran for President!), then John H.'s son Luke, his son Sylvanus, down to my great-great grandmother Emma Cass Stradley, her daughter Bessie Stradley Cox, to Edgar Cox who was my maternal grandfather. Quite an interesting family I am from, to say the least as well as being able to track it back to the 1600's to today!

    Judy Kain Jones

    ReplyDelete